Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 22 email

Hey, mom Yeah, we got a call last monday night. They told Elder Jarvis he was going to Trinidad. Elder Larson is from Logan. He went to the same High School as Elder Jarvis did. He has been out 16 months.

Both Joel and Alphonzo didn't come to church on Sunday, but they are still wanting to get baptized. Pray for Joel to get the understanding that this is really the only true church, and pray for Alphonzo to want to attend church. Alphonzo knows it's true, and he also knows that it's the only truth, I just don't think he understands that he has to come to church.

Hey, so you're in Kentucky. I hope you are having fun.

That sucks that chase can't work in the potatoes. I wonder why he chose Disney land?(Chase chose to go to Disneyland over a Steelers vs Broncos Monday night football game with John and Dustin-PA) Is it cause Andrew is going to Disneyland? That would make sense, I guess. That is awesome that you are going to conference. We have to watch it online, and most people don't have internet here. Alphonso does, so we're hopin that we can get him to watch at least a little bit of it. But we are probably watchin it at the Ross's. (The Ross's actually are going home next week. The new senior couple is the Lieshmans. I hear they are sweet.)

Mother, I am aware of the egg situation. We know what to do. Elder Larson has been out a while. You don't have to worry about us. We're not going to do anything stupid. (Notice the tone of voice he says that with. He asked for the cookie dough recipe, and I admonished him that it really isn't safe to eat raw eggs in cookie dough, even in America, although that is how we do it at our house, but in a third world country, he needed to take extra precautions with the food-PA)

You know how I said that I probably wouldn't need a much more money for a while? Well, there have been some things that I had to get. I'm sure you saw I withdrew another 50. That's cause I had to buy a cd player so that we could get some good hymns goin in the apartment. And Pretty soon, I'm gonna have too many pictures to put into my little photo album I have, so I need about another 20ish for that. And I'm gonna start sendin home picture on a dvd-r, cause it's gonna take way too long to just fill up the memory card and just send it. I'll probably send you some after every transfer. And actually postage isn't super expensive from here. I think I am probably gonna send you some Christmas presents when the time comes. (If not us, he probably will send Alyssa something) Well, I love you, mom. I hope everything is going great. Can't wait to hear from you again. Love, Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment