Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/4/10

(This is combined from both John and Patty's emails. Some things are repeated.)

Only Sister John got baptized. But it was a good service. It was between conference sessions. She invited a friend of hers to come to it. It was sweet.
Transfers went good. There wasn't too much change in Trinidad. It wasn't terrible running people around this time. not anything like last transfer. It's been fun so far this transfer. Elder Nielson is cool.
That's good to hear that we finally won a football game. It sounds like we are doing alright now.
So, I think I really did do something to my foot. We played basketball this morning, and now the same places on my feet hurt that did before. But, it's probably no big deal. They'll be fine. I just have to walk it off, I feel. Bein in the office, I don't get much chance to do that.
It's been fun so far in the office, and I am looking forward to this next transfer. I'm thinking I will probably be here for at least one more transfer. But that's alright. I'm prepared for it, and even though I would like to be out in a normal area as well, the work here needs to get done. So I might as well do it.
Well, due to transfer, we haven't done a lot of finding this past week. It's been kind of tough. I really don't like seeing my numbers as low as they have been. It makes me feel like I'm not working very hard. Oh well, I guess that is what numbers are for, so that we improve. I guess. I don't really know, I just like pretending like I do.
It looks liike we finally might be learning that the way we win is by using the team, instead of trying to focus on a key player. It's good to hear. I'd love to see that carry over into basketball as well.
Tell me about the hot. i hope that it's warmer when I get there, because I really would prefer to get used to the no humidity befor I get thrown into the freezing cold.
This past week has been good. Sister John got baptized. It was sweet. I don't expect that her son will get baptized for a while, because she is leaving to England in December, and she'll be there for 6 months. Her dad was really against her being baptized into the church. He doesn't like us very much. We run into that all the time, but the day before her baptism, her dad called her up, and kind of yelled at her. Tried to get her not to do it. But, she did. So, that was exciting. But, her son will be living with him, so it's not really possible for him to come to church after she leaves, and I don't want to baptize him if that is going to happen. He will be able to when she gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment