Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Transfered to Trinidad

I got into Trinidad just fine. I had to pay the fine, because my missionary permit is in the mission office, and not with me. So I had no proof of permit, but they just made me pay the fine (which is covered by the mission, by the way).I am in Sangre Grande ward here. It's smaller than the branch in St. Vincent I was in, but there is a Stake here, so it's a ward. We are working on getting attendance up. Cause there are a lot of members that just kind of got offended or don't like somebody in the ward, or just don't come. So we are working really hard, and we have a few good investigators as well. It was tough leaving St. Vincent and all the sweet people there, but so far, it's cool here too. We are working with a 16 year old named Reon who is best friends with the Bishops son, and has come to church for the past 4 Sundays. He is pretty cool. I'm not sure everyone else, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.Interesting fact about the Bishop here. His name is Bishop Soupal, and he has been to Idaho. He was in Utah for something, I think, and he has a friend who's mother or something like that lives in Malad. So he has been to Malad.That's great to hear about the play. Let Chase know that I didn't really get the lead in the play until I was a senior. So he's got another year. Who's the housekeeper? I haven't seen that play in a long time, so it would probably be futile to try to explain it to me.How is basketball going for him? Has his shot picked up yet? How is the team doing? The season is pretty close to being over, isn't it?Thanks for all the motherly advise, mom. Love yah. Love, Elder Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment