Sunday, April 3, 2011

December 2010

12-6-10
It's really nice to hear that everything is going so well. Sounds like a lot of stuff is happening.
I've been trying to think of what to ask you to send me. And I keep not thinking of anything. Maybe a few more ties. I am in need of some shoes, because one of the heels fell off of the right shoe. It's kind of awkward, but it's alright. Some more pictures would be nice.
Thomas did tell me that he was engaged. He's getting married in august. That's a long time away, but it makes it so I can be there for it. That's a really long engagement. I'm happy for him, though. She sounds like a cool girl.
I think I have heard of Alyssa Harrison. Is she related to Alex and Anthony, or is it just a name coincidence?
Trinidad is going great. I'm even enjoying the office a little bit. The program that I am working on is running pretty well. There are only a few minor gliches that still need to be worked out.
We also had a very excellent day and Saturday. We started out a long way away from reaching any of our weekly goals. But by the end of it, I think there was only one that we hadn't reached. It was a sweet day. We went out, and we found a lot of people that were interested. It was the second time we had went to that area. The first time, we just got a few numbers. But this time, we found about 7 people to sit down with. It was sweet. But the one of highest report is named Ayanna. We have been working with a lady named Cynthia, a less active who has been coming back to church quite frequently. Ayanna is her daughter who we have been trying to get to sit down with us for a while. Finally, she had some time, and so we sat down and had a great lesson. By the end of the lesson, her mother bore her testimony, and Ayanna started crying. Like, a lot of water was coming off of her face. And we asked her to say the prayer. She did, and wants to be baptized. It was pretty exciting.
Well, mom, everything else is going normal, and I'm excited to talk to you on Christmas.
Oh, by the way, I'm not with Elder Hernandez anymore. I am now with Elder Bybee. I'm not sure if I told you this already. But this last week, Elder Hernandez went to Barbados, and Elder Bybee came to be with me. He is a fellow Idahoan, and has been out for about 7months.

12-13-10
How is everything going? From what I hear, things are going good. I also hear that Dustin might be considering adding to the family. That's good. I would like as many additions as possible when I return. The old look was good, but it's getting old (hence "old look"). We have to liven up the Ackerman family. Make it exuberant. (If it weren't for spell check, I would have utterly failed at that word)
Things in Trinidad are great. The transfer is a week longer than it was going to be, so I will still be here for Christmas. The number is 1.868.299.7221. So, get Skype or something ready. We only get 45 minutes this go around, so we gotta make it good.
Dad says the package will be underway soon. Thus will mine be as well. In that exact manner. In fact, I was going to send it today, but the post office changed locations. (That won't alter the mailing address, though) So, I will have to do that some other time. Hopefully today, if we have a chance.

12-20-10
There may be some changes for the Christmas call. Because, we got it approved to use video skype. So, I know that you have skype set up, now you need a webcam. Unless Lacey's computer or something has one on it. So, how bout you give me the skype number, and I will video call you. That's 4:00 (I think) your time. Make sure for me, cause it'll be 7:00 here.
We also got approved to watch Toy Story 3 on Christmas. So, that is a possibility of an activity. We are also going to the Mission Home and have a lunch thing, plus a talent show. I wanted to do something on the guitar, but I suck now. It's been too long since I have played. Trust me, I tried the other day. A member has a guitar, and after the lesson, I tried for about 2 minutes, then decided not to embarace myself anymore.
There may be some adjustments to the schedule. So, let me know like tomorrow what you are planning on doing. By the way, video skype is free from what I hear.

12-27-10
Yesterday was good. Just went to church, and that was about it. Toy Story 3 was great. I don't think that I've ever watched a movie that sparked such emotional influxes in my life. It might be my favorite one. But I don't know, I haven't seen the other two for a long time.
Sounds like things are getting pretty hectic for you and the family. Sounds fun, though. And it sounds like everyone had a good christmas. Yesterday was boxing day, basically a pointless holiday. And since it was on a sunday, we got the monday roll-over. So, they basically treat today like a holiday. Even though it's not. It's great, though.
So, I'm going to be district leader next transfer. They decided that the district needed someone to try to mess it up or something.
Well, that's about everything that has happened since I talked to you. I love you, mom, and I'll talk to you later.

12-27-10 (Later that day)
Hey, everyone, there has been a change in transfers. I am going to St. Vincent again, back to my old area. I'm excited. I love you all. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment