Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 2011

3-7-11
Well, it sounds like there is a lot of stuff going on right now. Things here are normal. There hasn't been a lot going on lately, though. Nothing too new. We didn't really get a lot of work done, because we have had a lot of service that we have been doing, and we have been with a next missionary. His name is Elder Peterson. He goes home in the next couple of weeks. I also have had to do what I thought I got away from in the office. President had me do some things with that program that we made in the office. I thought once I left the office, I would be away from that.
We have had a few people at church, but no one that is really going anywhere. There is one, though. Ariel. She wants to be baptized, but she wants to wait a little bit, for different reasons. But, she should be getting baptized soon. There are others, but we haven't been able to meet with too many of them.
The branch here for the most part is doing good. Attendance went down a lot this last week. I don't know why. It was bad, but we are working hard to get more people to come. The strong members are strong, and all the others have been innactive for a long time. So, sometimes it feels like the only way to make the church grow is to baptize people. But that is difficult here.

3-15-11
July 30th is great. I get home the 28th. Mom, I'm impervious to you telling me about how soon I get home. For your sake, don't talk too much about it, but I'm fine. I'm loving the work, and having fun.
I think we are going to baptize soon. Next week is transfers, so I might be leaving as well. But, There are a few people that we are working with that may go down soon. If I can baptize this transfer, it will be the first time since Tobago that I baptized 2 transfers in a row. So, I am going to work hard for that. We are seeing them tonight to try to get something solid set up for baptism.
So, how new is the Lincoln Aviator? I'm excited for you for Disneyland. i think this is the second time since I have been out that you are going? Correct? Don't worry, I think that when I road trip down to San Diego, we are going to hit up Disneyland for a day.
So, what is the missionary news from Grace? Are there any others that are leaving soon? Or that are already out? Or that are coming back home soon? Scott gets home next month. So, that will be pretty cool. I haven't heard from Thomas lately about when his wedding will be. If you see him, ask him about it. I will try emailing him.
Guess what. Elder Jarvis, my trainer, is finishing this transfer. It is the end of his mission. It's crazy, he isn't much older than I am. I just thought that you would enjoy that. Chase could talk to Steven about it or something. I don't know. Just thought that you would like that little piece of information.
Well, mom, that is about everything. i love you, and I will talk to you later.

3-22-11
I hope that Disneyland is going good. I saw all of your scores in Buzz Lightyear. And so you know, I would destroy all of you at that game. You're lucky that I wasn't there.
Well, transfers are this week, and I am going back to Trinidad. To Chaguanas. I have been in North Trinidad for a year, and so now I will be in the South Zone. But still, really close to North. It's only about 10 minutes away from the office. I'll be with an Elder Arnold. I've met him a few times, but haven't spent too much time around him. I hear he plays basketball. That'll be great. I love basketball. What a coincidence.
There was some sweet turnouts for church, though. We had 4 investigators come. It was awesome. It's been a while since that has happened. Now I'm leaving. Yay.
Well, hope you all have fun the rest of your time in Disneyland. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment