Monday, August 24, 2009

Brandon's Call Center Experience

OK, I am a huge slacker, but I am finally getting around to putting this experience from Brandon's first letter on the blog. My apologies---JKB

Today we spent about an hour and a half in the referral center. That's where we call people who have ordered free stuff from the church. Usually when we make calls, people don't answer, and when they do we usually just follow up on what they ordered, and then they hang up or something. But on my first call this morning a lady answered named Virginia Mott. She was from somewhere in New York. She had ordered some DVD about Christ, and so I asked her the normal, "What do you know about Christ?" and we just started talking after that. She told me how she believes in Christ, but that she doesn't claim any single religion. We talked for about 15 minutes when I asked her if she would accept and read a copy of the Book of Mormon. She told me she would, but she was really busy, so she wasn't sure if she would have time to read it. I bore my testimony to her that I know if she made time in her day to read it, the Lord would help her manage her time so that she would have time to read it. She accepted, and a couple of missionaries are going to deliver it to her and hopefully share a message.

Well, that's my story. Probably not as big of a deal as it feels like to me.

(JK says--It feels like a big deal to me. The week before I got this letter, I was on a plane and barely spoke to the people next to me. They asked where I was going, and I said that I was going to be with my brother when he was baptized into our church, but didn't follow up. Way to go, Elder Ackerman!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi... This message is actually to "kathyleen". I didn't know any other way to get a hold of her. I JUST NOW noticed that you put a comment on my blog back in MARCH, and just now saw it! It was about the Emma Smith script that you wanted for an Enrichment night! I'm so sorry! I just did it again, so I was looking back at the blog from the first time and just now saw that you asked for some info and the script. I'm SURE that you already had your Enrichment, and I hope everything went well... If you ever need some help with something like this again, let me know and I'll send you what I have! :) Thanks for finding me! And again- I'm so sorry I didn't see it before now!

    ReplyDelete