Monday, August 10, 2009

Tobego

Hey, mom. So you know, I'm not going to call every time I am in an airport. They told me to give one last call to friends and family because I had over an hour of just sitting in the airport. I wasn't breaking any rules. That's great that you guys found Sister Ross's blog. That's probably the best way you can keep up with everything that's going on. I love the Island. It is so awesome. And so you know, with mail, just send it to the mission home, because we don't have a mailing adress here. We'll get our letters at transfers or when someone comes out to Tobago from Trinidad. Elder Jarvis and I are the only elders on Tobago. Elder and Sister Ross are here as well, but we're the only elders. Yeah, we baptized a lady named Natasha. Her husband, Kerron, got baptized the saturday before I got here. He got to baptize her, and it was so awesome. The branch here is really small. There are only about 25 members that are somewhat active, and in total, about 45. We're trying to get more investigators out to church, but it's tough. Everyone says they'll try to come, but that basically means that they aren't coming. But yesterday we taught this lady that one of our members brought to church. Her name is Fay, and she seems pretty willing. She said she would be baptized, and so we're hopin that she'll be ready in two weeks. That's great that Hailey is being so good at keepin on her scripture study and stuff. I wish I had been better at that before I came out here. So you know mail can take months to get to me, and so I wouldn't suggest sending too many letters. Email will be just fine. And I told dad that I don't want any packages for Christmas, cause it costs so much, and there is a chance that it won't even make it out here. It's part of customs that they open every package and search it's contents, and if the person searching it likes what's inside, they'll just take it. So, that's a lot to pay for a package that may not even get to me. So don't worry about it, even at Christmas. Wanna know how we get around the Island when it's too far to walk? We hitchike. That's actually how a ton of people get around. It's kind of like a taxi service. We pay the driver depending on how far we go. It's acually really cheap. And not as dangerous as it would be in the states. Well, that is about all that has happened this week. I love all of you, and am loving it out here. Love, Elder Ackerman

1 comment:

  1. Lacey, I'm not sure if you told me about Brandon's mission Blog or not, but I found it. You are such an awsome sister to do this for him. I hope it's okay if I check in once and a while to see how he is doing.

    ReplyDelete